We are The Barn at Alswick Ltd. You can contact us at email@example.com We are the controller of the information that we obtain from and about you. We understand and respect the importance of your privacy and we are committed to the fair and transparent processing and safeguarding of your personal information.
In providing our services to you, we must collect personal information from you and make subsequent use of it as detailed below.
HOW WILL WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
- When you make a booking with us over the telephone.
- When you write, telephone or email us to make an enquiry.
- When you register with us to receive newsletters or email updates; and when you enter competitions run by us or take part in surveys or customer feedback.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other parties on your booking:
- names and contact details of you and members of your party (including your telephone number, email and postal address);
- special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect your chosen booking
- Images of your event, (we will always seek permission before we use them)
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU GIVE US?
When we make your booking, we must use your information in the following ways:.
- We will use the contact details you give us to send you booking confirmation documentation, planning and payment information and to contact you after you have used our services ask you to give feedback about it.
- We may contact you to inform you or future events you may wish to attend. (if you do not wish to receive such communications. You may ask us to remove you from our marketing list in writing by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you notify us of any special requirements you have (such as those relating to any disability or medical condition), where appropriate and with your specific consent, we will pass this information on to your suppliers so that they can plan your requirements effectively.
- Images of your event may be used in our marketing and promotional material and our social media profiles (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) however these will only be used with your consent.
WILL MY INFORMATION BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES?
We will pass selected information to organisations who act as “data processors” on our behalf in order to provide you with our services.
These third parties have agreed to confidentiality obligations and to use any personal information we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for the purposes of providing their service to us.
We may also need to use your personal information to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have.
We will never share information about you with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your express consent.
WE’D LIKE TO STAY IN TOUCH
We value your custom and we would like to use the lead name on your booking and the email address used to make the booking to contact you from time to time with information about new services and forthcoming events or competitions.
Generally speaking, we will not use your information to contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given us your specific consent to do so, but there may be limited occasions where we contact you even though you have not given that consent. That may be because you have contacted us in the past to make an enquiry and we need to use your personal information to contact you for our legitimate interest as a commercial organisation.
WHAT OTHER RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
In the first instance, please talk to us directly so we can resolve any problem or query.
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissions Office (ICO) if you have any questions about Data Protection. You can contact them using their help line 0303 123 113 or at www.ico.org.uk.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (There will not be a charge unless your requests are deemed excessive for the purposes that they have been requested) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 30 days from the date of request.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however, as a result, we may not be able to complete your travel arrangements.
SECURITY AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We will take all necessary steps to make sure that the information we hold about you is kept secure at all times against unauthorised or unlawful loss or disclosure. We will retain it only for as long as it is needed for its original purpose or to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Any information no longer required will be deleted or disposed of confidentially and completely. We also have appropriate contractual obligations with our ‘data processors’ to ensure that they comply with the requirements of UK law. However, outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country.
UPDATES AND CHANGES
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information.